149 N. Prospect St, #1
Ravenna OH 44266
4466 Darrow Rd, #13,
Stow OH 44224
- Criminal Charges
- Juvenile Law
- Family Law
- Record Sealing
- Case Results
In Ohio, Felonies are Punishable with Prison Time
There are many exceptions and additions to these general rules, so please consult a criminal defense attorney for specific penalty information.
|Special Felonies||Prison Term||Max. Fine|
|Aggravated Murder with death specification||Death
Life without parole
Life with parole after 20, 25 or 30 years
|Aggravated Murder without death specification||Life with parole after 20 years||$ 25,000|
|Murder||Fifteen to Life
Life without parole if sexual motivation specification and sexually violent predator specification
|Other Felonies||Prison Term||Max. Fine|
|First Degree||3-10 years||$ 20,000|
|Second Degree||2-8 years||$ 15,000|
|Third Degree||1-5 years||$ 10,000|
|Fourth Degree||6-18 months||$ 5,000|
|Fifth Degree||6-12 months||$ 2,500|
- Murder carries the possibility of the death sentence under certain circumstances in Ohio. Additional prison time may apply in cases involving firearms, repeat violent offenders and major drug offenders.
- Some offenses, such as repeat DUI offenses, major traffic offenses and sex offenses, may carry mandatory prison sentences.
- Felony one and felony two level offenses carry a presumption in favor of prison time.
- Felony four and felony five level offenses generally carry a presumption against prison time.
- Felony three level offenses may not carry any presumption.
Contact Weisenburger Law Offices at 330-296-8000 (Ravenna) or 330-686-2890 (Stow) or via email. We offer free, confidential consultations and we quote fees right over the phone.